Tuesday, November 29, 2005

"I am going to send you to a better place"


The Australian wrote an article about a rare political protestagainst the death penalty in Singapore. The artist is a Solvenian art student. (The picture here is my own impression)
Titled "I am going to send you to a better place", the now infamous send-off from veteran hangman Darshan Singh, the disturbing artwork is the only act of open defiance in the city-state during the final days of condemned Australian drug-trafficker Nguyen Tuong Van.
I feel sad for Ngyuen Tuong Van and his family. His brother's life was destroyed by drugs, his will end because he was foolish enough to have carried drugs, and his mother will suffer the most. I am hoping like many others probably against all odds that his life may be spared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home